There are many ways in which you can serve God through your involvement at Calne Free Church. Church life works best if everyone does a little and no-one is over burdened. Therefore, whether you have a particular gift or are just happy to help wherever necessary, there are many jobs, big and small, that need doing. There are opportunities for all, whether you are gifted with the duster, cooker or computer, have a welcoming smile or a heart for children's work, or are suited to church leadership.
Here is a list of many of the ways in which you could serve at Calne Free Church.
Practical Help (Sundays)
- Welcoming – Greeting people and handing out the service sheets before Sunday services
- Coffee team – Making or serving coffee after the morning service
- Audio and visual team – Providing technical support during services
- Stewarding – Welcoming, showing people to seats, taking up the offering and being safety-conscious
Practical Help (Monday to Friday)
- General administration – Carrying out various admin tasks
- Catering – Helping to provide refreshments for midweek events
- Bulletin – Preparing the weekly church bulletin
- Cleaning – Helping to keep the church tidy
- Decorations – Preparing flower arrangements for the main church building
- Maintenance – Carrying out regular upkeep of the church buildings
Serving in Other Areas
- Singing or playing music
- Assisting with activities for children aged 0-11
- Helping with activities for young people aged 11-18
- Leading Small Group Bible studies
- Serving the local community
How to get involved
If you would like to get involved in serving, please fill in our Contact form. Do remember to give us your email address or telephone numbers, so that we can get in touch with you. The pastor will then contact you to talk about possible areas of service.
Please let us know if you have any particular expertise, for example in accounting or design.